Missed a couple of days of Holidailies, but Sunday Stealing will get me back on track.
1. Wintertime comfort foods, habits, hobbies
Pasta with sauce with vegan sausage. Red wine. Jigsaw puzzles. Pajama days.
2. Favorite seasonal/holiday music and songs
The old stuff, classic carols sung by Ethel Merman, Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, and Vic Damone. My mother went to high school with Vic Damone until he dropped out to support his family, so his “Deck the Halls” was a must whenever we hung up the holly. He also sung in the choir at the church where my parents were married many years later, St. Finbar’s in Brooklyn.
3. The people I want to spend more time with next year
My friends, a city explorers’ group I belong to, new people.
4. How much I could change my life in 1 year if I focused
Going on the past, everything: fitness, finances, career. Now if I only had focus!
5. The valuable lessons I learned this year
No job is worth making yourself sick over. Of course I knew this all along, but now I REALLY know it.
6. How I’d describe 2022 in 10 words
Fun to start, then it went downhill from April onward.
7. My favorite Reads of 2022
Moloka’i and Daughter of Moloka’I, both by Alan Brennert. The first is the story of a girl who grows up in a leper colony on Moloka’i, the second is about her birth daughter, who ends up at an internment camp during WWII. I love stories about Hawai’i as I lived there for a year in my mid-20s.
8. Best movies I saw in 2022
None that I can remember. I have been more about binge-watching since the pandemic started.
9. Favorite TV shows/episodes of 2022
Stranger Things, finally watched Downton Abbey and Westworld, and my favorite of the year, House of the Dragon. Ooh, I love that Targaryen hair.
10. Memorable experiences from 2022
Took a day trip to Richmond in April. It was super hot and we did a lot of miles, but it was a lot of fun. I never spent time there before.
11. Three people I enjoyed spending time with this year
Don’t make me choose just three. They read this.
12. How I handled challenges this year
Took time off as needed.
13. What I’m leaving behind in 2022
The ability of certain individuals to annoy me with their petty dramas, overblown anxiety, childish snits, and insecure power flexes.
14. How I changed most from beginning to end of the year
I went largely vegan, but for mistakes and a few moments of weakness where I had milk chocolate. It’s a process. Also, to be honest, I became more of a misanthrope, too. The two are related, actually. I’m really disgusted with the way humanity treats animals.
15. What I want to tell myself before the New Year
Other people’s snits are more about them than about me.