1. What has been your favorite part of the year so far?
New Year’s Day. This is 2020 we’re talking about here. It has all been downhill after that. Well, except the song below and the others in the series. Bummer that there are only two left, this month and next month.
2. Have you started Christmas shopping?
Nope. I don’t do that. Experiences, not things, folks.
3. Do you like your handwriting?
After doing the morning pages for about a month, the only positive thing I can say about my handwriting is that if anyone ever does find my handwritten journals, they won’t be able to glean any secrets from them.
4. Song you could hear over and over and over again.
5. A favorite quote.
Work to live, not live to work.
6. Last dream you remember.
I was on a train and someone kept asking me what I weigh until finally I told them to stop being a snorf, at which time they turned into a creature akin to Q*bert, but made of lavender upholstery.
7. Most expensive object you want to buy right now.
Speaking of upholstery, a couch. I’m moving and my furniture is 20 years old and shot, especially the couches. Hoping to downgrade to just one, as opposed to a sofa and a loveseat, because as noted above, experiences, not things.
8. Describe your eldest family member.
Sociopathic enough to be in politics.
9. What has your weather been like?
It finally feels like fall here. Cool, rainy, and cozy.
10. Do you enjoy your job?
I like the work and I appreciate the mission of the organization I work for.
11. What is your favorite everyday item?
My Kindle Fire HDX 8.9. It’s nearly seven years old, but it’s a fabulous piece of technology for what I use it for–casual games, reading, surfing, and watching shows on the go. It’s a shame Amazon doesn’t make them any more.
12. Are you currently obsessed with any TV show?
Two, actually: The Spanish Princess and The Undoing.
13. Book you’d like to read before the year ends.
Currently reading Half of a Yellow Sun.
14. Describe kindness.
Kindness is a willingness to put someone else’s needs before your own wants and convenience. It’s people who wear masks, hold doors open for others, step to one side when walking toward someone who is carrying packages, hang bird-feeders, and, when told of someone else’s hardship or struggles, offer help.
15. Describe your favorite candy in great detail.
Smooth, rich, melts in your mouth, and delivers a nice bit of magnesium.